What is an early pregnancy assessment ultrasound?
The first 12 weeks of a pregnancy are often an anxious time for parents especially women with a history of miscarriage
At Fertility Imaging we can minimize your anxiety by providing an early pregnancy assessment scan for you.
An early pregnancy assessment ultrasound is a high resolution transvaginal ultrasound scan that occurs between approximately 7-12 weeks gestation. This highly specialized scan is carried out by our qualified ultrasonographers and takes approximately 15 minutes.
Why would I need a first trimester/dating ultrasound?
- To confirm the presence of a gestation sac
- To confirm your baby’s heartbeat.
- To confirm the correct dates of your pregnancy
- If you have bleeding or cramps and want to confirm ongoing pregnancy
- History of ectopic pregnancy
All early pregnancy scans must have a GP referral letter or be a registered patient of Arlington House medical centre.